Myndscape Consulting is a small psychology practice in Melbourne, Australia, with expertise in forensic and organisational consultancy.
Myndscape Consulting strives to provide high quality, innovative and professional services that are customised to meet the needs of individuals and organisations.
Myndscape Consulting prides itself on producing successful outcomes and solutions to meet all your personal and business needs.
Myndscape was founded, and is owned and managed by Dr. Laura Sorbello, a registered forensic psychologist, outcomes measurement expert and organisational consultant who has a strong clinical practice and a diversity of management, operational and corporate experience and skills.
Laura has completed the Doctorate in Forensic Psychology at the University of Melbourne as well as additional subjects that fulfil the requirements of a Masters in Clinical Psychology. Throughout her 16+ years working in the health services industry, Laura has worked as a clinician, senior manager and executive manager across a number of government and private organisations, predominantly in the forensic and drug and alcohol sector.
In particular, her work has involved the planning, development and management of a range of complex projects with strategic implications, thereby requiring an extensive understanding of current thinking in regards to trends in the provision of programs and services for offenders. Some of the projects include Violence Risk Scale (VRS) training and implementation, and the development, management and implementation of offender rehabilitation programs, such as the Victorian Violence Intervention Programs and particularly the RUSH (Real Understanding of Self-Help) Program, a forensic adaptation of Linehan's Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
Her work has also involved:
- Establishing and reviewing clinical policies, procedures, strategic plans, systems, frameworks, processes and program standards and specifications;
- Compiling research and policy papers on various offender and psychological issues;
- Conducting or consulting on various research and evaluation projects examining quality assurance processes and continual service dlivery improvements;
- Publishing a number of peer-reviewed papers on various aspects of offender rehabilitation;
- Presenting at a range of government, tertiary education and external agency committees, forums, lectures and conferences; and
- Supporting supervised post-graduate psychology student placements through building and maintaining strong links to Universities.
Most recently, she has also been involved in consultancy work with numerous organisations, conducting a diversity of work from training workshops for clinicians and correctional staff; to advice on policy, procedural and professional development processes; in addition to advice regarding best practice offender interventions and program redevelopment.
Laura is also a Gold Certified Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) Administrator. ETO is a US based outcomes focused data management and reporting system for human service organisations which is gaining traction in Australia, therefore part of her recent consultancy work has involved the provision of outcomes measurement and outcomes system services via Squared Impact, an organisational consulting firm.
To speak with Laura, please visit the Contact Us page .
© Copyright Myndscape